COLORADO WOMEN’S HEALTH CARE
Kaiser Permanente Colorado’s Obstetrics-Gynecology Department proudly provides women with comprehensive health services. We couple the knowledge of our expert providers with industry-leading technology to help you be as healthy as you can be. A woman’s needs are individual and unique, so we specialize in helping each patient be her healthiest.
Percent of hysterectomies performed minimally invasively (we perform more than 800 per year)
Breastfeeding rate at six months
Deliveries per year
What we do
Our highly trained obstetricians and gynecologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and midwives offer the most up-to-date well-gynecologic care and the latest medical and surgical treatments for women experiencing gynecologic problems.
We also focus on the health and well-being of you and your baby by providing general and high-risk obstetrical services before, during, and after pregnancy. We are dedicated to giving you the right care at every stage of life. Your best health is our top priority.
Our gynecologists are experts in caring for women’s reproductive health. We use the latest medical and surgical treatments for pelvic pain, menstrual abnormalities, urinary incontinence, gynecologic cancers, and more.
The Kaiser Permanente integrated care model means that your health care team will partner with you to give you the best care possible, with respect to your wishes.
We will do everything to ensure the health and well-being of you and your baby. You’ll have a highly skilled team with you throughout your pregnancy, labor, childbirth, and postpartum period. For example, our perinatal home care program sends advanced practice nurses to new moms’ homes. There, they provide various routine screenings, such as testing babies for jaundice and moms for postpartum depression. All of our advanced practice nurses are lactation specialists.
Read our prenatal newsletters, Healthy Beginnings, which give you stage-specific information about your growing baby, changes in your body, and how to get ready for a baby. Discover the Kaiser Permanente difference when it comes to maternity care.
Learn more about women’s health.
In addition to being at the forefront of groundbreaking medicine — bringing the most advanced tools and techniques to care — we’re also a leader in research related to everything from new treatments to creating better ways to communicate with patients. For instance, some of our recent studies found that:
- 82% of Kaiser Permanente women who had experienced postpartum depression and participated in mindfulness-based cognitive therapy had not experienced a relapse of their depression at six months postpartum vs. 50% of those who did not participate in the therapy
- Using social media and other communications channels — not just doctors’ visits — to provide information about vaccines improved attitudes toward vaccinations in general
- Babies’ immune systems are not likely to be overloaded by the number of vaccinations they receive
Who we are
Our women’s health providers are board-certified in several specialties and partner with other experts in the field. We have a large team of health care professionals who have devoted their careers to women’s health services. Our team is made up of:
- Generalist and specialty obstetrician and gynecologists delivering care in nine medical offices, three hospitals, and two outpatient surgery centers
- Nurse practitioners, midwives, and physician assistants
- Board-certified specialists in urogynecology
- Board-certified specialists in gynecologic oncology
- Board-certified specialists in maternal-fetal medicine
Our ob-gyn specialists include:
- Maternal and fetal medicine physicians for women who have maternal or fetal health concerns in pregnancies
- Urogynecologists and pelvic floor physical therapists for women who suffer from prolapse or incontinence issues
- Gynecologic oncologists for women who are facing uterine, ovarian, or cervical cancer
We work together, and with you, to ensure the best care possible. When our doctors are at the hospital, they focus only on deliveries and the work they need to do there. They are not juggling patients they need to see in the medical office, so they can focus on you and the birth of your baby. Our highly trained and experienced team is dedicated to ensuring that you get the care you need, whether it’s in the hospital or the medical office. Because all of our doctors and care team members are connected to each other — and you — through your electronic medical record, they are all on the same page when it comes to your care.
The way we practice medicine at Kaiser Permanente gives us the freedom to focus on care, rather than running a business. We are free to practice medicine the way it is supposed to be practiced — with a focus on providing expert, compassionate care to you.
Every member of your care team is here to support you through your journey. When you have excellent doctors, truly connected care teams, advanced technology, and the right partners, you can expect great results.
Each year, Kaiser Permanente doctors are recognized as top doctors by their peers and publications such as 5280 magazine. Some have joined us from top-ranked academic training programs and successful private practices. Others have been honored for their invaluable contributions to medical advancements and new surgical techniques that help patients heal quickly and with less pain.
Our hospital partners have a track record of success and are often recognized as regional or national centers of excellence for their specialties. We also partner with national organizations, contributing to large, cutting-edge, research projects.