COLORADO PEDIATRIC CARE
We think differently about medicine. Kaiser Permanente Colorado pediatricians provide compassionate, innovative, and responsive care to children — from newborns to teenagers — in partnership with parents, so that our youngest members get the right care, when they need it, how they want it.
We also work closely with doctors at Children’s Hospital and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children so that even if your child needs highly specialized care in the hospital, our doctors are involved at every step in the process.
Help us improve care for our pediatric patients by joining our Regional Pediatric Advisory Council.
What we do
- Asthma medication adherence, meaning our members are more likely to take their prescribed medication and have their asthma under control than non-Kaiser Permanente patients
- Counseling kids on nutrition, meaning that you and your child are more likely to have access to nutrition information and convenient support from a registered dietitian or nutritionist
- Chlamydia screenings for members aged 16-20
- Administering the vaccine that protects children and teens from meningitis, a serious and potentially fatal bacterial infection
We provide a full range of pediatric services for your child. From annual appointments like well-child visits, immunizations, and sports physicals, to treatment for serious illnesses and chronic conditions, such as asthma, autism and more. We also have child development specialists available to help parents of newborns to five-year-olds deal with everything from teething and temper tantrums to sleeping and potty training.
We appreciate that parents are busy, and you never know when you might need to seek care or medical advice for your child. That’s why we make it as easy as possible to connect with Kaiser Permanente providers through options such as same-day appointments, extended evening and weekend hours, online chat with a doctor, video visits, and 24/7 medical advice by phone.
Questions about your child’s health?
Our online Health Encyclopedia has information about infant and toddler health, children’s health, parenting, and many other health topics. If you just need to ask a question, message your child’s doctor via email or conduct a real-time, online chat with a Kaiser Permanente pediatrician at kp.org.
- 82% of Kaiser Permanente women who had experienced postpartum depression and participated in mindfulness-based cognitive therapy had not experienced a relapse of their depression at six months postpartum vs. 50% of those who did not participate in the therapy
- Using social media and other communications channels — not just doctors’ visits — to provide information improved attitudes toward vaccinations in general
- Babies’ immune systems are not likely to be overloaded by the number of vaccinations they receive
Who we are
- Pediatric physicians
- Perinatal nurse practitioners that deliver in-home services
- Child psychiatrists
- Asthma care coordinators
- Pediatric care coordinators
- Nurses, licensed practical nurses, and medical assistants
- And more
Search our Permanente doctors.
Your child’s health journey begins before birth with our Maternity Care doctors. If your child is born preterm or under weight, you can be confident that our Infant and Newborn Care doctors are also with you and your child every step of the way.
The way we practice medicine at Kaiser Permanente gives us the freedom to focus on care, rather than running a business. We are free to practice medicine the way it is supposed to be practiced — with a focus on providing expert, compassionate care to you.
Every member of your care team is here to support you through your journey. When you have excellent doctors, truly connected care teams, advanced technology, and the right partners, you can expect great results.
Each year, Kaiser Permanente doctors are recognized as top doctors by their peers and publications such as 5280 magazine. Some have joined us from top-ranked academic training programs and successful private practices. Others have been honored for their invaluable contributions to medical advancements and new surgical techniques that help patients heal quickly and with less pain.
Our hospital partners have a track record of success and are often recognized as regional or national centers of excellence for their specialties. We also partner with national organizations, contributing to large, cutting-edge, research projects.