Our expert doctors and care teams are committed to your total health — body, mind, and spirit.
KAISER PERMANENTE IS HERE TO CONNECT YOU TO THE PEOPLE AND RESOURCES THAT CAN HELP YOU OVERCOME CHALLENGES AND LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE. Our team of specialists, including psychiatrists, therapists, primary care providers, addiction medicine physicians, and more, work together to provide evidence-based care. With Kaiser Permanente, you receive personalized, compassionate treatment that’s rated the best in Colorado.1
When he was struggling, Jahnte Sowell reached out for mental health support. What he found with Kaiser Permanente was more than a psychiatrist. He found an advocate who understood exactly what he was going through and was determined to help him thrive.
Better care from a connected team
We offer many options for you to access mental health care — no referral needed.
Here you’ll receive care from a team that conducts initial screenings for mental health concerns. If treatment is needed, they’ll outline short-term recommendations while coordinating the next phase of your care with one of our expert mental health specialists.
Every moment counts when it comes to your mental health. Through Online Chat, video visits, phone advice, email with your provider, and more, you’re connected to the support you need to be your healthiest.
Better care through cutting-edge research
Kaiser Permanente is always searching for ways to improve the health and well-being of not just our members, but the communities we serve. Through the Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research and studies done with the National Institute of Mental Health and other organizations, our Behavioral Health team is examining new ways to prevent suicide, find a safer approach for the use of antipsychotic drugs in youth, to prevent recurrent depression in pregnant women, and more.
1. NCQA is a third-party organization that receives both clinical quality information (HEDIS) and member survey (CAHPS) feedback to rate health plans nationwide. Relative to health plans in Colorado, Kaiser Permanente was the highest-rated commercial plan in 2018-2019. NCQA did not release ratings in 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
THE SUM OF
Kaiser Permanente mental health employees.
Mental health specialists available to members along the Front Range.
Kaiser Permanente Colorado was rated the best in the state, or tied for the best, in 2021 by NCQA for:
- Mental and behavioral health overall
- 6-month adherence to depression medication
- Follow-up after hospitalization for mental illness
- Engagement for alcohol or drug abuse or dependence treatment
- Follow-up after ER visits for alcohol/drug abuse or dependence
- Metabolic monitoring for youth on antipsychotic medication
I have been seeing Dr. Rhine in Behavioral Health for the past three years. He has always been very caring and compassionate. He has listened to my concerns and responded with understanding and kindness.
This was the first time I met Dr. Kellermeyer. He asked all the pertinent questions and really listened to my answers. I like him and I know we will be a good match. He showed concern and understanding.
SHOP OUR PLANS
Kaiser Permanente has care and coverage for you, your family, or your employees.